Team Training Corner
Envirothon NB will provide:
- Learning Resources for the Learning Objectives
- In class and in the field workshops that will focus on key topics that may be found on the field tests.
- Review of the oral presentation scenario judging criteria and presentation tips. the 2018 top three North American Envirothon team oral presentations on video (Idaho).
- Resource people who will meet with teams at their school, work place, or in the field.
Workshop dates for 2019
- Tour of Agriculture and Agri-Foods Canada (Fall 2018) – Details to be released soon
- Tour of NB Farm (Fall 2018) – Details to be released soon
- February 15th, 2019 – Registration Deadline for Envirothon NB Teams – $300/team
- February 16th, 2019 – Team Training Workshop – Location: Mapleton Park, Rotary Lodge, Moncton 9:30 am – 3:00 pm (Snow date: February 23rd)
- March 16th, 2019 – Team Training Workshop -Location Science East Science Centre 9:30am – 3:00pm (Current Environmental Issue and Oral Presentation workshop) (Snow date: March 23rd)
- April 13, 2019 – Team Training Workshop – Location: Maritime College of Forest Technology (1350 Regent Street, Maritime Forestry Complex). Dendrology and Wildlife hands-on Labs. Scenario Questions and Answers.
- February 18th, 2017 (Snow date: February 25th): Location University of New Brusnwick, Forestry & Geology Building – Team Training Workshop -Soils, Wildlife, Aquatics, Forestry – Envirothon NB Workshop Schedule Feb 18 2017
- Feb 18, 2017 Aquatics Presentation Slides
- Feb 18, 2017 Forestry Presentation slides part 1 of 2
- Feb 18, 2017 Forestry Presentation Slides part 2 of 2
- Feb 18, 2017 Wildlife Presentation Slides part 1 of 2
- Feb 18, 2017 Wildlife Presentation Slides Part 2 of 2
- Feb 18, 2017 Soils Presentation slides
- March 18th, 2017 NB Museum, Saint John– Team Training Workshop Current Topic (Sustainable Agriculture) and Oral Presentation Tips, Judging Criteria.
- Canadian Soil Information Service
- NB Surveys
- Pesticide safety
- Sûreté des pesticides (1)
- 2017 Preparing for Envirothon Scenario – Presentation by Bernie Daigle
- Oral Presentation Scoring Sheet English version
- Oral Presentation Scoring Sheet French version
- Presentation Tips Envirothon Presentation March 18 2017 – Presentation by Rebecca Boone
- Additional resource material:
- April 28th, 2017 – Location: Maritime Forestry Complex (1350 Regent Street, Fredericton – meet in Lobby) 9:15 am – 2pm. Field Day – Soils (soil pit), Forestry, Aquatics, and a presentation on the current topic. Thank you to the Fundy Model Forestry for organizing this workshop with funding from the NB Wildlife Trust Fund.
- April 28 Envirothon Current Issue – HannS – Part 1
- April 28 Envirothon Current Issue – HannS – Part 2
- April 28 Envirothon Current Issue – HannS – Part 3
- Forest Mensuration Questions – From Forestry Station presented by Bernie Daigle and Nairn Hay.
- May 7, 2017 – Team Training Workshop -ECOFEST 2017, Location: Irishtown Nature Park, Moncton 8:30 am- 3:30 pm. Please contact email@example.com to register.
Envirothon NB Curriculum Guide
Envirothon NB Curriculum Guide – This document links the Envirothon NB Learning Objectives with the Atlantic High School Science curriculum.
Past Envirothon NB Workshops
- May 16th, 2015 Spring Workshop – Irishtown Nature Park, Moncton (mainly hands-on with Forestry, Wildlife, Aquatics, and Current Topic)Details – ECOFEST 2015 To register for this workshop, please contact Pamela Fowler (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- March 21st, 2015 Bernice MacNaughton High School – Team Training Workshop (Soils, Wildlife, Aquatics, Forestry) Snow date: March 28th Schedule: Envirothon NB Workshop – March 21 2015 Below are the Presentation Slides from the workshop:
- February 21st, 2015 UNB Geology & Forestry Building Rm 203, Fredericton – Team Training Workshop (Current Topic and Oral Presentation Tips, Judging Criteria), Snow date: February 28th Schedule