Workshops for 2020
- February 15th, 2020 – Envirothon NB Workshop Schedule Feb 15 2020 – Location UNB Fredericton 9:45am – 4:00pm – Topics covered: Wildlife, Soils, Aquatics, & Forestry
- March 14th, 2020 –Postponed! Following March 12th’s announcement by NB Chief Medical Officer of Heath, the Team Training workshop schedule for March 14 at Bernice MacNaughton High School in Moncton has been postponed until further notice. We will are looking into future dates and other ways to deliver the content of the presentations. Envirothon NB Workshop Schedule March 14 2020
Workshop dates for 2019
- Tour of Agriculture and Agri-Foods Canada (Fall 2018) –
- Tour of NB Farm (Fall 2018) –
- February 15th, 2019 – Registration Deadline for Envirothon NB Teams – $300/team
- February 16th, 2019 – Team Training Workshop – Location: Mapleton Park, Rotary Lodge, Moncton 9:30 am – 3:00 pm (Snow date: February 23rd)
- March 16th, 2019 – Team Training Workshop -Location Science East Science Centre 9:30am – 3:00pm (Current Environmental Issue and Oral Presentation workshop) (Snow date: March 23rd)
- April 13, 2019 – Team Training Workshop – Location: Maritime College of Forest Technology (1350 Regent Street, Maritime Forestry Complex). Dendrology and Wildlife hands-on Labs. Scenario Questions and Answers.
- February 18th, 2017 (Snow date: February 25th): Location University of New Brusnwick, Forestry & Geology Building – Team Training Workshop -Soils, Wildlife, Aquatics, Forestry – Envirothon NB Workshop Schedule Feb 18 2017
- Feb 18, 2017 Aquatics Presentation Slides
- Feb 18, 2017 Forestry Presentation slides part 1 of 2
- Feb 18, 2017 Forestry Presentation Slides part 2 of 2
- Feb 18, 2017 Wildlife Presentation Slides part 1 of 2
- Feb 18, 2017 Wildlife Presentation Slides Part 2 of 2
- Feb 18, 2017 Soils Presentation slides
- March 18th, 2017 NB Museum, Saint John– Team Training Workshop Current Topic (Sustainable Agriculture) and Oral Presentation Tips, Judging Criteria.
- Canadian Soil Information Service
- NB Surveys
- Pesticide safety
- Sûreté des pesticides (1)
- 2017 Preparing for Envirothon Scenario – Presentation by Bernie Daigle
- Presentation Tips Envirothon Presentation March 18 2017 – Presentation by Rebecca Boone
- Additional resource material:
- April 28th, 2017 – Location: Maritime Forestry Complex (1350 Regent Street, Fredericton – meet in Lobby) 9:15 am – 2pm. Field Day – Soils (soil pit), Forestry, Aquatics, and a presentation on the current topic. Thank you to the Fundy Model Forestry for organizing this workshop with funding from the NB Wildlife Trust Fund.
- April 28 Envirothon Current Issue – HannS – Part 1
- April 28 Envirothon Current Issue – HannS – Part 2
- April 28 Envirothon Current Issue – HannS – Part 3
- Forest Mensuration Questions – From Forestry Station presented by Bernie Daigle and Nairn Hay.
- May 7, 2017 – Team Training Workshop -ECOFEST 2017, Location: Irishtown Nature Park, Moncton 8:30 am- 3:30 pm. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Envirothon NB Curriculum Guide
Envirothon NB Curriculum Guide – This document links the Envirothon NB Learning Objectives with the Atlantic High School Science curriculum.
Past Envirothon NB Workshops
- May 16th, 2015 Spring Workshop – Irishtown Nature Park, Moncton (mainly hands-on with Forestry, Wildlife, Aquatics, and Current Topic)Details – ECOFEST 2015 To register for this workshop, please contact Pamela Fowler (email@example.com).
- March 21st, 2015 Bernice MacNaughton High School – Team Training Workshop (Soils, Wildlife, Aquatics, Forestry) Snow date: March 28th Schedule: Envirothon NB Workshop – March 21 2015 Below are the Presentation Slides from the workshop:
- February 21st, 2015 UNB Geology & Forestry Building Rm 203, Fredericton – Team Training Workshop (Current Topic and Oral Presentation Tips, Judging Criteria), Snow date: February 28th Schedule